Each of us has different preferences or choices when it comes to living our lives. For me, I choose to practice veganism since the 2016 Texas Vegan Festival. During that time, I only showed up during the event because a close college friend of mine wanted to learn how to live like a vegan. I tagged along, thinking that it would be a great opportunity for me to experience something new.
I have to say that there were some new things that I became acquainted to during the festival. I met several people who started the plant-based diet because they believed to all the great benefits that it provides for everyone. Out of curiosity, I challenged myself to become a vegan for at least one week. As it turned out, I love all the positive changes in my body and health since the day I practiced veganism.
Since then, I said goodbye to mea and focused on following a vegan lifestyle. If you want to become like me, here are the tips that I want you to remember:
- Make sure to educate yourself about veganism. Never attempt to follow this lifestyle if you have little knowledge about it.
- Surround yourself with people who also follow the plant-based diet. In so doing, it will be easier on your part to make the transition.
- Find the local vegan stores or markets. It is best to shop at places that are 100% vegan, so that you will not be tempted in buying anything that is a by-product of meats.
- Hydrate yourself at all times. Bring water wherever you go because it is the number one source of energy.
- Learn how to prepare your meals. If possible, pack vegan foods as it can be difficult to find vegan restaurants or food establishments.
Good luck with living a healthy lifestyle!